The Wishlist in The Noble Tavern is one of the most important features of AFK Arena. It allows you to have a better chance of getting chosen Heroes when drawing cards.
In this guide, let’s take a look at the best Wishlist heroes you should have and how it actually works!
Best Wishlist Heroes (Updated)
More: Best AFK Arena Heroes
|➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜|
|➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜|
|➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜|
|➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜|
→ Labyrinth Store: ➜ ➜
→ Stargazing Priority: ➜ ➜
→ Challenger Store: ➜ ➜
→ Garrisoned Mercenaries: ➜ ➜
Recommended investment for the top 5 heroes of each faction:
For more detailed information on each hero, visit the signature tier list, furniture tier list and engraving tier list pages.
- Scarlet – Signature level 30, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 44 (atk, mp, insight). Engraving level 68 (atk, mp, insight) is also a great investment. She is a top-tier dps hero, especially against bosses.
- Rowan – Signature level 30, Furniture level 0, Engraving level 0. One of the best support heroes in the game with one of the best signatures. His furnitures and engravings are irrelevant, but his furniture level 3 is not a bad idea because it is a cheap investment.
- Palmer – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 30. Another top-tier support.
- Rosaline – Signature level 20, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 0. Signature level 30, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 38 (haste, atk) are great investments for late game.
- Raine – Signature level 10, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 0. Signature level 20 and Engraving level 20 are good investments for late game. But she can already do her job pretty well without those late game investments.
- Kren – Signature level 20, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 41 (atk, pp, haste, acc). Signature level 30 and Furniture level 9 are also highly recommended.
- Anasta – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 44 (haste, atk, insight, pp). Engraving level 60 is also a great investment. You will eventually want her Signature level 30 as well.
- Skriath – Signature level 0, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 0. Signature level 30 is amazing and it increases his damage a lot, this signature is even more important if you have Queen.
- Skreg – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 0. Great tank with a game changing furniture.
- Antandra – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 0. Signature level 30 is also very important to her. Engraving level 41 (cda, atk, haste, pp) is a late game investment.
- Mishka – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 60. That’s what she needs to unlock her true potential. Signature level 30 is good, but not a supoer high priority.
- Raku – Signature level 30, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 44 (atk, haste, as). His signature level 30 is game changing, focus on getting this as soon as possible.
- Eironn – Signature level 20, Furniture level 3, Engraving level 0. Signature level 30, Furniture level 9 are also important. Engraving level 21 (haste, atk, cda) or 41 (haste, atk, cda) are late game investments.
- Lyca – Signature level 20, Furniture level 0, Engraving level 0. Furniture level 9 is very important for late game. She works pretty well even at Elite ascension during Early game.
- Nevanthi – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 30. Signature level 30, Engraving level 60 are late game investments.
- Daimon – Signature level 20. Furniture level 3, Engraving level 0. He doesn’t need more than that to carry you pretty hard on early and mid game. Signature level 30, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 38 (atk, pp) are late game investments.
- Grezhul – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Furniture level 41 (atk, haste, crit). Signature level 30, Engraving level 62 (haste) or 67 (atk, haste, crit) are late game investments. Great hero for all game modes.
- Ferael – Signature level 20, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 0. That’s everything he needs. Signature level 30, Engraving level 30 are decent options for late game, but not a high priority.
- Silas – Signature level 30, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 0. Engraving level 41 (haste, atk) is a late game investment. He is one of the best supports in the game.
- Oden – Signature level 30, Furniture level 9, Engraving level 41 (atk, mp). Engraving level 67 (atk, mp) is a late game investment.
Heroes worth having a single copy:
It is also very useful to have an Elite copy of the following main faction heroes during the early-mid game. You can wishlist these heroes until you get a copy, then remove them to follow the ascending priority order recommended above.
- Cecilia – She has a very strong damage reduction skill that can counter several enemy heroes on PvE, like Morvus, Isabella, Ira, Saveas, etc. This skill is also great to improve your team’s survivability against bosses (like Guild Hunt and Abyssal Expedition). She is not a very important hero for Late game, but a single copy of her can help you a lot for the first 20/24 chapters.
- Brutus – He has a very OP invencibility shield, so he can tank any damage during the first seconds of the battle. He can work at Elite ascension even above Chapter 40. But his signature/furniture improve his invencibility shield a little bit, so you’ll eventually want him ascended.
- Warek – Very strong hero against bosses. He will be very useful on Guild Hunt and Twisted Realm even at Elite ascension.
- Lorsan – He is also very strong against bosses. And he can also be very useful on PvE thanks to his skill that links two enemies. Just like Brutus, he also work at Elite ascension on any Chapter, but you will eventually want his level 9 furniture for Cursed Realm.
- Nara – She can counter several heroes on PvE during the first 20 chapters, especially Silvina and Arden. There are specific situations where she can also work on Late game even at Elite ascension.
Explaining each faction wishlist priority
Rowan, Palmer, Rosaline and Raine are very important supports for all game modes. Rowan and Rosaline are stronger in Campaign. Palmer and Raine are stronger against bosses (Twisted Realm, Guild Hunt, etc).
Hendrik, Ginneas, Morrow, and Sonja are also great heroes for the Lightbearer tower. Hendrik, Ginneas and Morrow are more important than Sonja in Lightbearer Tower, but Sonja is also very strong in Temporal Rift.
Tidus is another damage dealer who benefits a lot from Skreg’s level 9 furniture. Granit is quite useful in Campaign and Tower, and he only needs mythic ascension and level 30 signature to do his job.
Warek and Brutus are heroes that work on Elite, but eventually you’ll want them ascended. Warek is very strong against bosses, Brutus is useful in Campaign and Tower because of his invencibility shield.
Pippa is very important to the Wilder tower and Thoran’s comps in Campaign. Trishea is useful on Wilder tower and against bosses.
Gorvo is very useful on several floors of the Wilder tower. Nemora is occasionally useful in the Wilder tower and Campaign because of her level 9 furniture. Oku can be reasonably useful in Wilder tower, PvP and Temporal Rift.
Nara works well at Elite level. She is useful in Graveborn tower and in Campaign. But there are stages that a Nara Elite will not be enough, so you will need to ascend her. Fane is useful in PvP and Graveborn tower, especially in Kalene comps.
How Wishlist works
When the player’s wishlist is full, the entire 4.61% chance is broken down into 4.41% for the wishlist heroes and 0.2% for Celestials/Hypogeans. These percentages are then further broken down evenly amongst the wishlist heroes and Celepogeans, giving each wishlist hero a 0.2205% chance and each Celestials-Hypogean a 0.02% chance (including Wukong) as seen on the left. These rates vary slightly for the different types of sum-mons but the concept is the same.
The following table depicts all the rates across the varying summons for when the wishlist is full.
From this, we can tell that it is impossible for the player to pull a non-wishlist hero from summons when his wishlist is full. Do note that this does not apply to hero cards and soul-stones. This also does not mean that you will get an elite from the wishlist every time, but rather that every time you get an elite, it will be from the wishlist.
Moving on, when the wishlist is not full, the rates of every wishlist hero and Celepogean remains the same. What changes is that the original rates of the Elite hero missing, is now evenly distributed to every other non-wishlist elite that exist in the game, excluding Celepogeans. On the left side, we see that by removing 1 hero from our Lightbearer wishlist, the original 0.922% for that Lightbearer through faction summons is now evenly distributed to every other 13 Elite Lightbearers with each of them having 0.0709% chance of being pulled.
(Yes, this directly contradicts many of the customer support responses from in-game)
If the wishlist is empty, the rates of obtaining any Celepo-gean hero still remains the same at 0.02%. However, the 4.41% that is originally reserved for wishlist heroes is now entirely equally distributed amongst all the elite heroes in the game, giving them 0.0735% each (that’s 60 elite heroes total). Also since a lot of people ask this, as new Celepo-gean heroes get released, you won’t have a higher chance of obtaining Celepogeans. Instead, the chances of each Celepogean will be lower so if Flora releases, each Celepo-gean will have 0.018% instead of 0.02%.
You might wonder, how can the Celepogean rates remain the same when the wishlist changes. The reason is simple, the game probably rolls Celepogeans before the wishlist is even utilized. For example, after the game decides that you got an elite, it would immediately do a 4.34% roll to determine if you get a Celepogean. If it does, it gives you a random Celepogean from the list. If not, it gives you the regular wishlist rates.
If you still have any questions regarding the Wishlist feature in AFK Arena, don’t hesitate to comment down below!