The Wishlist in The Noble Tavern is actually one of the most underrated features of AFK Arena that most players ignore. It allows you to have a better chance of getting chosen Heroes when drawing cards.
In this guide, let’s take a look at the best Wishlist heroes you should have and how it actually works!
A guide by whitesushii.
Best Wishlist Heroes (Updated)
More: Best AFK Arena Heroes
→ Labyrinth Store: → →
→ Stargazing Priority: → →
→ Challenger Store: → →
→ Garrisoned Mercenaries: → → →
- Grezhul : SI20, 9/9 Furniture (mandatory), E30 (min investment)/ E60 (optimal). T3/T4 prio as well.
Basically, he is one-man army carry, paired with Alna he wins vs. almost any team (especially good vs. bursts in campaign – Lyca, Pippa, Zolrath, Zaph, Gorvo, Kelthur etc.). Most important unit for AE and HF. Definitely invest and build him up.
- Daimon: SI20/ SI30 late game, 3/3 furniture (9/9 optional). Engraving is not mandatory if not playing competitive GB HF.
- Ferael: SI20/ SI30 (late game), 9/9 Furniture recommended, E30 (superb for campaign but optional).
- Silas: SI30, 9 Furniture, E30 (recommended)/ E60 (optimal). One of the best supports in game, especially useful in CR and AE/ HF. Definitely build ASAP.
- Oden – SI30, 9 furniture, E30 is ok but E60 is recommended. Excellent early-mid-late-end game carry. Very stat hungry. T3/4 prio.
- Rowan – 30SI, 3 furniture (don’t go for 9 unless you’re VIP), EO but E30 is fine. Best sup and enabler in AFK arena. 1st hero to be built to 30 SI.
- Rosaline – 20SI, 3 furn is OK, 9 for late game, Engrave only for haste and MR/ PR + CDR. Used in charm comps, very good support, used mainly in late-end game.
- Scarlet – 30SI, 9 furniture, 30E (OK)/60E(optimal). The boss killer. Really strong against all kinds of bosses. Used in AE, will be definitely used in HF as well.
- Estrilda – 20SI, 3 furn, E30 recommended. Estrilda isn’t that type of a campaign hero but really shined in latest AE so bear in mind that she is very useful against bosses. Useful in CR.
- Raine – 20SI, 3 furniture, E0 recommended. No big investment here, but a real important unit against all bosses in AFK. Used in AE and HF.
- Mishka – 20SI mid to late game, 9F (to work properly), E30 is ok, E60 is where she really shines. E60 applies her shield and heal to all allies. Main unit in latest AE. Absolutely a T3/T4 prio.
- Eironn – 10/20 SI mid to late game/30 end, 3 furn mid to late game/ 9 end, Enot really needed.
- Raku – 30SI, 3F (is ok)/9F (optimal), E41 (with further investment in haste and crit after 30E).
- Lyca – 20SI, 3 furn (309 is basically needed in some stages in late game if you’re playing on a deficit). E isn’t needed.
- Astar – 20SI/30 (optimal), 3 is OK/9 more targets. Engrave is excellent (it makes her more of a support hero) but not really mandatory.
- Skreg – 10SI (20 is OK), 3 furn/9 for late game and PvP. No E required.
- Skriath – 10SI/20SI/30 (for end game and bosses), 3 furn (min requirement). No E required.
- Kren – 30SI, 3 furn/9 for end game (more survivability). E41 with further investment in Haste and Crit after E30.
- Antandra – 30SI, 9 furn, E60 (to cheese). Really good hero, used in TR, CR and AE.
- Brutus – Hold 2 copies from him as for now, used in mid-late game charm comps or in Lucretia invade.
Notable Wishlist Heroes
Strong Heroes – Filler Picks
|Great for Abyssal Expedition and a lot of boss fights. Very useful in the late game. Athalia for free players!|
|Strong carry but mostly used due to players getting so many free copies of her. Great hitting 5 ascended.|
|Hyper carry that can attack backline directly and stun. No other reliable ways of obtaining her so hard to build.|
|Mediocre tank but his debuffs and positioning makes him great for bosses.|
|Tanky, knocks enemies back and has some mediocre CC. Doesn’t do too much besides that.|
|Support hero that can distract enemies with his totem. Being in sustenance tree also makes him decent.|
|Great tank with niche use against magic oriented teams. Great synergy with Saurus for bosses.|
How Wishlist works
When the player’s wishlist is full, the entire 4.61% chance is broken down into 4.41% for the wishlist heroes and 0.2% for Celestials/Hypogeans. These percentages are then further broken down evenly amongst the wishlist heroes and Celepogeans, giving each wishlist hero a 0.2205% chance and each Celestials-Hypogean a 0.02% chance (including Wukong) as seen on the left. These rates vary slightly for the different types of sum-mons but the concept is the same.
The following table depicts all the rates across the varying summons for when the wishlist is full.
From this, we can tell that it is impossible for the player to pull a non-wishlist hero from summons when his wishlist is full. Do note that this does not apply to hero cards and soul-stones. This also does not mean that you will get an elite from the wishlist every time, but rather that every time you get an elite, it will be from the wishlist.
Moving on, when the wishlist is not full, the rates of every wishlist hero and Celepogean remains the same. What changes is that the original rates of the Elite hero missing, is now evenly distributed to every other non-wishlist elite that exist in the game, excluding Celepogeans. On the left side, we see that by removing 1 hero from our Lightbearer wishlist, the original 0.922% for that Lightbearer through faction summons is now evenly distributed to every other 13 Elite Lightbearers with each of them having 0.0709% chance of being pulled.
(Yes, this directly contradicts many of the customer support responses from in-game)
If the wishlist is empty, the rates of obtaining any Celepo-gean hero still remains the same at 0.02%. However, the 4.41% that is originally reserved for wishlist heroes is now entirely equally distributed amongst all the elite heroes in the game, giving them 0.0735% each (that’s 60 elite heroes total). Also since a lot of people ask this, as new Celepo-gean heroes get released, you won’t have a higher chance of obtaining Celepogeans. Instead, the chances of each Celepogean will be lower so if Flora releases, each Celepo-gean will have 0.018% instead of 0.02%.
You might wonder, how can the Celepogean rates remain the same when the wishlist changes. The reason is simple, the game probably rolls Celepogeans before the wishlist is even utilized. For example, after the game decides that you got an elite, it would immediately do a 4.34% roll to determine if you get a Celepogean. If it does, it gives you a random Celepogean from the list. If not, it gives you the regular wishlist rates.
If you still have any questions regarding the Wishlist feature in AFK Arena, don’t hesitate to comment down below!