Warek – The Untamed
|Maulers||Strengths||Ascended||Front||Bruiser / Control|
Warek is a bruiser whose greatest strength is also his greatest weakness, depending on the matchup.
Strengths & Weaknesses
- Can set up quick kills on enemy frontliners
- Ultimate can interrupt enemy ultimates
- Can get his backline killed
General Strategy for Warek
- Warek’s 2nd skill (Bonebreaker) has a long cast time, meaning that it is prone to being interrupted. This is why Lyca helps, as her attack speed buff can guarantee a successful Bonebreaker at the beginning of the battle.
- Bonebreaker after Lv.101 can be used as a tool to quickly dispatch an enemy frontliner, due to its defense-reducing property. However, it is a double-edged sword as if the enemy is not dispatched quickly enough, any AoE abilities they cast will also damage your backline. It can be especially devastating if the enemy frontliner is able to cast their ultimate while in the midst of three of your heroes. In some cases, Bonebreaker can activate a second time just before the enemy frontliner is able to cast their ultimate. This is the second-best scenario after outright killing the enemy frontliner in the duration they are affected by the debuff from the first Bonebreaker, but is fairly unreliable.
- Warek’s ultimate will briefly release control of the enemy before the last hit, allowing the enemy to begin casting their ultimate, which the last hit will interrupt. Use on enemies with full or near full energy to nullify their ultimate.
- Especially good with the Dura’s Grace Artifact after Lv.141 due to how often Warek can use his ultimate (which activates Dura’s Grace’s shield).