The Twisted Realm is the new Guild boss feature that gives players Twisted Essences, which can be used to level up the Elder Tree.
The rewards will be sent to the player mailbox based on the leaderboard ranking. Players in the Legend division also receive extra rewards by maintaining their ranking when the final rewards are calculated.
The Twisted Realm Bosses
There are currently 5 bosses in the Twisted Realm: Kane, Demonic Entity, Ice Shemira, Dark Arden and Burning Brute.
Boss Appearance Order:
Players will face Kane first, the Nemora after a few days, then the Dark Arden, Ice Shemira and the last one is Burning Brute.
The cycle keeps rotating.
Suggested Teams for Kane:
How to Defeat Kane?
Kane straight up kills an enemy hero at 15, 40 and 65 seconds into battle based on damage dealt. Ideally, the player suppresses Belinda’s damage to let Talene deal the most and sacrifice each time, thus losing no heroes throughout.
Shemira and Belinda are current the 2 best carries for late game in AFK Arena right now. You want to build your formations based on them If you are not in the end game yet. Generally, Kane doesn’t deal too much damage towards your Heroes so using a strong tank and a healer is not needed. You also want to deal as much damage as possible before Kane kills all of your team, thus using a Hero which can boost the Haste is a must.
Next, you want to sacrifice the secondary carry first. To do this, use the manual mode and do not use the ultimate skill of your main carry so that the secondary carry can do more damage and get killed first. After that, your main carry, usually is Shemira, can go crazy and deal loads of damage. – Shared by anonymous_potato
Additional Tips: Each of Wukong’s clones count as 1 body and his main disappears so you have more bodies to sacrifice if you have no Talene and are too lazy to play manually
- = Eye
- = Call/Conviction
- = Blade
- = Drape/Call
- = Blade/Conviction
|At 15, 40 and 65 seconds into the battle, the enemy that has dealt the highest amount of damage will be annihilated by Kane|
|Kane’s dragon breathes fire on enemies, dealing 130% AoE damage to them.|
|Deals multi-stage damage. The first stage deals 30% damage to all enemies, destroying all protective shields that they may be using. The second stage deals 165% damage to all enemies on the battlefield.|
Demonic Entity (Evil Nemora)
Suggested Teams for Demonic Entity:
The player deals damage to Demonic Entity through damaging the 5 Dreafs she summons.
As such, AoE heroes like Shemira is key for this fight. Other heroes mostly play a supportive role in helping Shemira get as much out of her ultimates as possible.
Alternative Heroes There isn’t any particularly good replacements and all others are just equally poor.
Additional Tips: Shemira is super important so make sure your Rosaline is following her rather than the others. Newer players can mercenary a stronger Shemira from friends to push out more damage
|Demonic Entity Skills|
|Produces a high-value shield around the ally with the lowest amount of energy. While protected by the shield, the affected ally will quickly recover energy.|
|Raises allies’ Haste by 100 points and Crit Rating by 40 points for 5 seconds each time Dreaf is re-summoned.|
|Nemora cannot be attacked. Whenever there are no surviving summoned Dreafs on the battlefield, Nemora will summon 5 Dreafs. Summoned Dreafs will receive attribute increases when in an “Enraged” state and any damage that they receive will also be received by Nemora.|
Dark Arden – The Unhinged
How to beat Arden?
Arden’s Nether Shield reduces his damage taken by 50% while unaffected by enemy crowd control and thus we use Shemira’s silence to constantly disable it. Baden is used such that his summons absorb Arden’s Lightning Fury both passively and actively. Putting Rowan forward also lets him interrupt Arden’s abilities
Best Team for Dark Arden:
Alternative Heroes: It is possible to simply brute force this fight through shelling out more damage with Belinda rather than Baden.
I’ve also seen heroes like Mehira work on lower Twisted Realm floors presumably due to her crowd control and friendly buffs but haven’t had much experience personally.
|The Unhinged Skills|
|Arden uses this ability twice, respectively at 30 seconds and 60 seconds into battles.|
Arden entangles his enemies with his vines one by one based on their battlefield locations until all enemies are entangled. Entangled enemies are unable to move and will gradually lose health over time.
The entangling vines disappear 6 seconds after Arden has finished casting this ability.
|Arden’s abilities can be interrupted by control abilities that last for a duration of 1.5 seconds or more.|
When Arden is unaffected by any enemy control abilities, he utilizes a passive shield that is able to reduce the damage he receives by 50%.
|When used passively, 1 lightning bolt is cast upon a random enemy every 3.5 seconds.|
When used actively, 5 bolts will be cast successively on multiple enemies.
Enemies that are struck by lightning bolts will lose the majority of buffs from which they are currently benefiting.
Suggested Teams for Ice Shemira:
Ice Shemira has a heavy area of effect damage coupled with crowd control in the form of freeze. Heroes like Ezizh is key to denying her abilities while twins help to dispel crowd control effects from teammates. Ezizh should be placed behind to avoid Ice Shemira’s glacial beam.
Alternative Heroes: Any other carriers such as Belinda/ Shemira will work but will not be as strong as Talene. Solise, Skriath or Khazard(?) instead of Ezizh prevents her weather effect which means your team doesn’t get wiped but doesn’t prevent the shield.
Additional Tips: Given how important Ezizh’s passive is, it is imperative that the player maximizes his energy cycling potential by giving Twins and Rowan as much haste as possible (from items etc)
- = Eye
- = Call/Conviction
- = Vitality, Grace
- = Drape/Call
- = Blade
|Ice Shemira Skills|
|Shemira summons snowfall 10 seconds into the battle which falls heavier every 20 seconds. While there is light snowfall, all of her enemies will be unable to recover any health. While there is heavy snowfall, her enemies will also be dealt periodic damage. Each time Shemira summons snowfall or increases the severity of the snowfall she will receive a layer of frost armor which, when active is immune to all damage that is lower than 30% its total value.|
|Ice Shemira prioritizes her attacks against two frontline enemies, channeling her glacial beams to deal multiple instances of damage over time to the enemies. The glacial beams also possess a freezing quality which stacks over time, reducing the enemies’ Haste.|
|Ice Shemira creates an expanding shockwave of ice that damages all enemies. Enemies that possess less than 50% of their max health will become frozen.|
Our Phoenix is the MVP. Thanks to her ability to dive under Brute’s bubble and deal massive damage while healing her teammates from Brute’s fire with her passive.
Alternative Heroes: Cecilia can be used both as the main carry or as a support to great success since she reduces the Burning Brute’s damage.
Additional Tips: Wukong is a cheap and lazy way to get into the bubble and deal some damage if you have him stacked but ultimately while decent, a poor alternative compared to others.
Other Team Formations for Burning Brute
(Rosa supports Shemira)
(Rosa supports Baden)
|When his HP falls under 80% & 50%, he falls asleep for 5s. If the damage he receives while sleeping exceeds 10% of his total HP within 5s, he will awake, dealing insanely high nuke damage.|
|The Burning Brute breathes fire, dealing damage towards the enemies.|
Once he awakes from the Doze state, he will burn the ground under enemies feet, dealing AoE damage to them.
|The Brute creates a fiery barrier around him at the beginning of the battle. The barrier is able to reduce all of the damage coming towards him by 80%.|
The shield is deactivated once he gets into the Doze state.
The Twisted Realm Rules
- The Twisted Realm may be opened 2 times per day.
- The floor that players are placed on is based upon the average value of their 5 heroes which are currently standing upon the Pentagram within the Resonating Crystal. After reaching a Resonating Crystal level of 240, floor placement will then be based upon the Resonating Crystal level and no longer based upon the average level of Pentagram heroes. Players currently on the same floor will compete against one another on the same leaderboard.
- The Twisted Realm floor placements are determined by the average level of all heroes currently standing upon the Pentagram within the Resonating Crystal or the Pentagram’s own level after the player has surpassed a Pentagram level of 240.
- Heroes within the Twisted Realm will all be set to the same level, however, heroes’ gear and ascension levels will remain as they originally were.
- Players may only mercenaries, dimensional heroes and heroes which are within the Resonating Crystal.
- Bosses will stack attributes and grow stronger every time a certain amount of their health is lost.
- Within each new Twisted Realm session, players are able to challenge bosses 5 times for free, after which the expenditure of diamonds will be required in order to continue challenging bosses. Players may challenge bosses a maximum of 99 times per session. One battle challenge attempt will be deducted each time a player enters a battle.
- Only one mercenary may be used per formation within the Twisted Realm, however, the number of times that a mercenary can be used is unlimited.
- Only the highest recorded damage dealt throughout all boss challenges will count towards your final ranking. Your final ranking will be determined at the end of each session.
- At the end of each Twisted Realm, session players will receive two (guild and individual rewards) e-mails that include their rewards.
The Twisted Realm Rewards
- The top 50 players with the highest damage will form the `Legend’ division. The damage record set by the lowest ranked Legend player will be the criterion for entrance into the Legend division.
- Players that do not meet the damage criterion for the Legend division will be placed into Diamond, Gold, Silver and Bronze divisions based on their highest achieved damage.
- Excluding the Legend division, all other divisions are split into 5 smaller divisions. For example: Diamond 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- It is possible to view the replay of the battle in which other players achieved their highest damage record.
- Rankings within the Leaderboards are subject to constant changes, thus, leaderboard rewards will only be finalized at the end of the leaderboard session.
- If there are no players occupying the lower divisions of the leaderboard, then those divisions will not be viewable on the leaderboard.
Tips shared by u/whitesushii