The Dismal Descent (PoT 10) is another super tricky Peaks of Time map that requires a lot of works from players.
It’s also extremely harder if there isn’t any guide around. Huge thanks to Chen#1218 for sharing this awesome AFK Arena guide on Discord!
The Dismal Descent Map Guide
The Dismal Descent Guide
- In the beginning, you will be surrounded by teleporter tiles. Go first to the red sun.
- You will be taken to a new area. Fight the camps found there all the way to the left until you defeat them all and see another blue moon teleporter.
- Enter the blue moon Teleporter and fight the small camp of Lightbearers in front of you. Ignore the large camp there for now.
- After defeating the small camp, go straight towards the red moon teleporter.
- You will be taken to a new area with two small camps of Hypgoeans and Maulers. Defeat the top small camp first, then the second camp. After that, enter the lone green moon teleporter.
- You will be taken back to the very first area where you started. Enter the red sun teleporter again.
- This time, go North and enter the yellow moon teleporter.
- You will be brought to a new area in a single file of enemy camps. Defeat them all until you reach the green moon teleporter and enter it.
- You will be taken back to the first area again. Go to the blue sun teleporter.
- You will be taken to a new area with 3 camps. Defeat them all, then enter the lone green moon teleporter.
- Again, you will be taken back to the first area. This time, go to the yellow sun teleporter.
- You will be taken to a new area with 3 camps and 2 teleporters. Fight the Wilder camp and defeat them. This is a hard battle, so do your best. Refer to the guide below on how to deal with them.
- Ignore the other two camps for now. Enter the blue moon teleporter from here.
- You will be taken in a new area once more. Defeat the small camp in this area, then enter the red sun teleporter.
- Defeat the 3 camps in this area, then head towards the green sun teleporter.
- There are more camps in this area. Defeat them and then head to the green moon teleporter.
- Back to the initial area, head again to the yellow sun teleporter.
- Defeat the two camps here, and then proceed to the blue moon teleporter again.
- Head to the red moon teleporter this time, and then defeat the single line of camps from here. Enter the green moon teleporter.
- Back to the initial area, head again to the yellow sun teleporter, then to blue moon, then to red sun, then to green sun, then to another green sun.
- There are two camps here. Defeat both, and then head towards the green moon teleporter.
- Usual formula: yellow sun, blue moon, red sun, green sun.
- Now go towards the yellow sun teleporter, then be faced with camps. Defeat the two camps.
- Defeat the camps in line on the west next.
- Head back east then defeat the Graveborn camp here. This team is tough as well.
- After defeating the Graveborn camp, head all the way to the left and enter the green moon teleporter.
- Back to the usual: yellow sun, blue moon, red sun, green sun.
- After doing the usual, enter the blue moon teleporter. You will be faced by a tough mauler camp here. Defeat them then enter the lone green moon teleporter there.
- After going back to the initial area again, go back to the red sun teleporter again.
- Go back to the blue moon Teleporter, then defeat the strong camp here. Enter the green sun teleporter right after, then follow the path towards the green moon.
- At this point, there is only one area that you have not visited yet. Be sure to press all green moon teleporters so that you can reach the final area.
- After pressing all of the green moon teleporters, step on any green moon teleporter and then you will be sent to the final area.
- Defeat all the camps here in the single line. Take note that there are several strong camps here.
After defeating all of them you have now completed this adventure!
How to Deal with Strong Camps in The Dismal Descent
Lvl. 200 Lightbearer Camp
- Use Graveborns in your team to have a bonus damage against them.
- Have Nemora in your team and manually heal your team when the need arises.
- If you have Shemira, she may be able to tank Hogan’s attacks given her ultimate is ready at the start of the battle.
- Lyca may also help with the energy and haste buff she gives to the whole team.
Lv. 200 Wilder Camp
- Use your best team to deal with them.
- If you have Brutus, then use him as well in front of Ogi.
- Lyca will help to even the haste with the enemy team and your team.
- Be sure to have your heroes’ ultimate ready when starting this battle.
Lv. 230 Graveborn Camp with Fawkes
- Use two damage carries.
- Have Nemora on manual to time your heals.
- Be sure to have all your heroes’ ultimate be ready at the start of this battle.
- Be sure to maximize formation bonus. At least 4-1 formation is required or else your team will die immediately.
- Put your Crowd Control skills in front of Silvina to prevent her from nuking your mage.
- Do not rely on Haste. Fawkes can instantly remove buffs.
Lv. 220 Mauler Camp
- Use Brutus in position 1: Enemy Saveas will nuke down any hero in this position, and Brutus is the only hero who can take the hits from him.
- Place a disabler in Position 3. Good hero choices are Nemora and Arden.
- At least form a 3-1-1 formation for the bonus, which means the other three heroes must belong to the same faction.
- 2 damage nukers and 1 tank is ideal.
Lv. 220 Graveborn Hypogean Camp
- Just use your best team to deal with this camp.
- With enough relics, this enemy camp can easily be taken down.
Lv. 220 Skreg Team
- This is the toughest team in The Dismal Descent.
- You may need to sacrifice 2 heroes to beat this camp.
- Use your best heroes. Have Nemora on manual to heal damage caused by the enemies.
- Use pure damage. Lyca’s haste can also be useful, if and only if she deals a lot of damage too.
- Shemira and other heroes that has a big amount of sustain is recommended.
- Vurk is also recommended due to his piercing ultimate.
- Have at least 3-2 formation.
Lv. 220 Lightbearer Camp
- Use Graveborn heroes to quickly dispose of them.
- If you have Shemira, simply make a 5 formation bonus of Graveborn heroes and Shemira will dispose this team, given at this point when fighting this camp, you already have all the relics you need.
Lv. 240 Athalia and Co
- This is the final battle. Use your best heroes.
- Don’t be afraid to let your heroes die. Be sure to reset if you are losing.
- Put a tank in position 5 so that enemy Athalia will not make a free kill.
- Disables will help in this battle.