This page contains the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) from new AFK Arena players. You properly might want to take a look at them first before finding for the answers somewhere else!
Most tips are shared by Ryulis (Ryulis#6502) + Mei (avalanche#0001) on Discord
AFK Arena FAQs
I accidentally created two Legendary+ copies of my hero! How do I revert or reset a hero? And how do I retire common (green) heroes?
Select the ‘Ranhorn’ tab. Near the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the Rickety Cart.
Here, you’ll be able to reset any heroes you’ve levelled up accidentally or purposefully back to level 1, retire any common heroes for Hero Coins and Hero’s Essence, or revert any copies of a Legendary+ or higher hero that you already have.
Can I re-roll summons?
We are so sorry to say but there isn’t any re-roll function for you when summoning the scrolls. All of the items in the game are one-time use and cannot be re-used.
I am getting stuck! Help!
AFK more, or spend a little money If you would love to. This is the best advice we could give you.
Besides, focus on the Heroes that give you the faction advantages and keep spamming attacks that specific stages. There are times you get lucky due to the critical strikes and some other factors. There are many stages that take days to weeks to defeat so just take it easy and play the game like the name of it.
- Enhance your gear via the ‘Heroes’ tab: Simply click on a hero, tap the equipment you’d like to enhance, and click ‘Enhance’.
(Note: It is advised to hold onto your equipment until you receive Mythic gear.)
- Change around your formation: Sometimes, the positioning of your heroes may be the only thing stopping you from completing a stage. Switching around heroes and positions as well as retrying a few times can be your key to passing a stage!
- Summon and ascend heroes: Being able to make your heroes stronger as well as acquiring new units is a good way to make your team stronger!
- When all else fails, AFK: Sometimes when you’ve tried every option available, things still may not turn out the way you’d like. Don’t be discouraged! Gather a few resources in the AFK chest and come back even more prepared!
How do I ascend heroes?
Heroes are ascended using the ‘Temple of Ascension’ building in the Ranhorn tab.
Use the following images for references regarding what materials you’ll need to ascend a hero!
Note: Athalia, Elijah & Leilah, Orthros, Ezizh, Mehira, and Zolrath, follow the right image’s ascension method.
I’ve almost got an Ascended hero, can I use other Ascended tier heroes as materials/fodder for this one?
While it may be tempting to use an Ascended tier hero as material for another one, it is advised that you hold onto any and all Ascended tier heroes (even the weak ones!) until they are Ascended with 5 stars.
How do I get Dura’s Tears?
Dura’s Tears are received as a reward from completing the 20, 60, and 100 point milestones from the Weeklies tab, and sometimes as rewards from events!
Dura’s Tears are used in the Arcane Labyrinth to restore your heroes’ health and energy.
How do I use redemption codes?
Redemption codes can be redeemed by clicking your profile in the top-left corner, select the ‘Settings’ tab at the bottom-right, then clicking the Redemption Code button.
Redemption codes are only available for a limited time, so be sure to stay updated by following our Redemption Codes page!
How should I spend my Diamonds & Gold?
Assuming that you are a new player, do not spend your Diamonds on anything apart the 10x Summon bundle. This is hands down the best way in the game for you to spend your hard-earned Diamonds on.
It’s best to save Gold for levelling up your Heroes. Apart from that, you can also use Gold to buy Hero Essence every day in the shop.
Follow this advice strictly If you do not want to get bankrupt later.
Can I Restart My Game Progress?
There isn’t any way for you to start your game again using your current account in the current server.
However, you can absolutely start from scratch by creating a new account in another server by tapping on your profile picture → Settings → Servers → Select a Server to start again.
Faction Advantages, What are they?
Any faction in AFK Arena has an advantage over another specific type of faction. That advantage increases the output damage by 25%.
Lightbearer → Mauler → Wilder → Graveborn → Lightbearer
Celestials ? Hypogeans
What are Faction Aura Bonuses?
When your AFK Arena team has a certain amount of Heroes coming from the same faction, the faction bonuses will get triggered.
For more details regarding this, please check out What is Lineup?
What are Library Unions?
Unions help you gain buffs for your Heroes by putting your and your friends’ Heroes into the specific groups in the Library.
For more details, please check out the article Library Unions.
Who should I level up first?
Focus on levelling up your best Heroes and the ones that help you gain the faction auras.
But don’t worry If you level up the wrong Heroes, you can always reset them and get all of the resources spent before by spending just about 50 Diamonds per Hero via the Rickety Cart.
In addition, you can always level up your level 1 Heroes to a high level using Resonating Crystal.
What are the best Heroes right now?
What is the best team composition in AFK Arena?
There is absolutely no best team in AFK Arena. However, there are teams which do a lot better than the others in a specific.
To check out the best teams in the game at the moment, take a look at Best Team Compositions.
Why the Arcane Labyrinth is so hard?
The Arcane Labyrinth is not actually hard. It’s a Labyrinth and there is always a way to solve a Labyrinth.
Here are some of the best tips for you to defeat the Arcane Labyrinth every single time
- When you are about to lose the battle, or when one of your strongest Heroes gets defeated, pause the battle, exit then repeat until you defeat the enemies. This is definitely the best trick for everyone trying to beat the Arcane Labyrinth.
- Avoid using the x2 speed mode in the last floor. You might get defeated really fast here without even noticing it, and won’t be able to exit the battle in time.
- Focus on defeating the Red Flags. They give you the best Relics.
- Shemira is the best hero for this mode.
- You might want to have at least a healer in your team.
- Later on, you will be able to get Mythic Items here at a great discount price by spending your Diamonds.
Check out the Ultimate Arcane Labyrinth Guide for more details!